Preparation: (15 minutes)
You will need:
* 16 oz. of chocolate sandwich cookies * 3 ½ c. cold milk
* 2 pkg. chocolate instant pudding * 12 oz. Cool Whip®
* 9X13 pan * plastic bags
* rolling pins * mixing bowl
* wire whisks * measuring cup
* spoons * candy corn
* candy pumpkins * oblong cookies
1. Lay the above listed ingredients and materials on a table and invite the children to come over once they have washed their hands. Tell them that they are going to help make a spooky dessert!
2. Place 3 - 4 chocolate cookies in a plastic bag and hand to each of the children. Demonstrate how they can crush the cookies using the rolling pins or spoons. When the cookies are crushed, have them pour the crumbs into a mixing bowl and take a few more until all the cookies have been crushed.
3. Select a few children to measure and pour the milk into a mixing bowl and add the chocolate pudding mix. Hand them the whisks and let them stir briskly for 3 or 4 minutes.
4. Let them help mix the Cool Whip® and half of the cookie crumbs and then pour into the bottom of the 9X13 pan. Sprinkle the rest of the crumbs on top.
5. Let them decorate the graveyard with the candy corn and pumpkins as well as sliding oval cookies into the mixture to look like tombs. Refrigerate for about an hour before eating.
Halloween L2 H6 FM1 Cooking & Snacks