LOCATION SHIRTS 8-K7
Preparation: (10 minutes)
You will need:
* maps * globe * chart paper
* markers * colored tape
1. Send a note home to the parents and ask them to help their children find a location T-shirt meaning a shirt that has information or advertisement of a place. The location can be anyplace; a local business, a beach resort, a college university, sports jerseys, etc.
2. Prepare the chart paper for a graph. Make continent, country, state and/or community categories.
1. As the children arrive, comment on their location T-shirts.
2. During the morning activities, have each child share their shirts. Ask questions such as Where does it comes from? Who went to that place with you? What made you bring this shirt today?
3. Bring out the globe and maps. Point out and mark each location using the colored tape and then plot on the graph you have prepared.
4. Review the results. Whose T-shirt came from the farthest away? The closest? Most unusual place?
** If someone forgets to bring in a shirt, look on the manufacturers tag and find where the shirt was assembled or made and use that for the location.
General Theme H2 SE2 Social Studies